About this book
This text serves as a comprehensive, state-of-the art definitive reference on surgical mentorship and leadership. This book is a practical, useful guide that reviews select topics on leadership and mentorship, as well as provides key information on how to launch a successful “young” surgical career. This volume focuses on key points on how to identify mentors, highlight mentor-mentee “pearls”, as well as define key leadership traits in being successful as an academic surgeon. Chapters are written by national and international leaders in their fields and have boxes that highlight key lessons learned and leadership pearls for easy reference.
Surgical Mentorship and Leadership is as a very useful resource for young surgical faculty, as well as fellows and residents in a broad array of surgical training programs.
Mentorship styles Mentorship for clinical success Leadership Styles The Business of Surgery leadership opportunities
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71132-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-71131-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-71132-4
- Series Print ISSN 2194-7481
- Series Online ISSN 2194-749X
- Buy this book on publisher's site