About this book
This book explores how the world community will respond to the unfolding humanitarian crisis caused by climate change. It recognises climate change as the greatest threat to human development in the 21st century, bringing with it: flooding, drought, extreme temperatures, health crises, threats to human security and severe harm to economic development.
The Climate Change Crisis addresses climate change and its impact as a major threat for countries around the world. Through a collection of interviews with leading environmentalists and exploration into new innovations that can offer hope and protection for billions of people, this book presents an interdisciplinary approach towards understanding the paramount health and development challenges of climate change.
This timely and informative book cuts across several disciplines, including human rights, public policy, international relations, national refugee policy, and migration studies.
- Book Title The Climate Change Crisis
- Book Subtitle Solutions and Adaption for a Planet in Peril
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71033-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-71032-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-10008-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-71033-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 300
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
Climate Change Management and Policy
- Buy this book on publisher's site