About this book
This book discusses innovations in the field of hybrid energy storage systems (HESS) and covers the durability, practicality, cost-effectiveness, and utility of a HESS. It demonstrates how the coupling of two or more energy storage technologies can interact with and support renewable energy power systems. Different structures of stand-alone renewable energy power systems with hybrid energy storage systems such as passive, semi-active, and active hybrid energy storage systems are examined. A detailed review of the state-of-the-art control strategies, such as classical control strategies and intelligent control strategies for renewable energy power systems with hybrid energy storage systems are highlighted. The future trends for combination and control of the two systems are also discussed.
- Discusses the Coenergy Hybrid Energy Storage System (CHESS) as a method of transitioning large-scale energy storage sites to integrated solar energy supply and storage;
- Presents an innovative and unique solution to the challenges of integrating renewable energy sources;
- Describes the benefits, uses, and challenges related to a Hybrid Energy Storage System.
Renewable Energy System Hybrid Systems Energy Storage Cryogenics Techniques Cryogenic energy storage Nuclear power Energy diversity Cryogenic fuels Electric power transmission Hydrogen fuel cell
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70721-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-70720-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-70721-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site