About this book
This book deals with the genre of geometric design in the Islamic sphere. Part I presents an overview of Islamic history, its extraordinary spread from the Atlantic to the borders of China in its first century, its adoption of the cultural outlook of the older civilisations that it conquered (in the Middle East, Persia and Central Asia), including their philosophical and scientific achievements - from which it came to express its own unique and highly distinctive artistic and architectural forms. Part II represents the mathematical analysis of Islamic geometric designs.
The presentation offers unlimited precision that allows software to reconstruct the design vision of the original artist. This book will be of interest to Islamic academics, mathematicians as well as to artists & art students.
Islamic Science Islamic Culture Complex Geometric Pattern Symmetry and Design Islamic timeline of art
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69977-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2017
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-69976-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-69977-6
- Series Print ISSN 2512-157X
- Series Online ISSN 2512-1561
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking