Table of contents
About this book
Among the topics discussed:
- The narrative imperative: creating a story telling culture in the classroom.
- Narrative qualities of design argumentation.
- Scenario-based workplace training as storytelling.
- Designing for adult learners' metacognitive development & narrative identity.
- Using activity theory in designing science inquiry games .
- Changing the narrative of school: toward a neurocognitive redefinition of learning.
Educational Technology and Narrative is an invaluable resource offering application-ready ideas to students of instructional design, instructional design practitioners, and teachers seeking to utilize theories of story and narrative to the ways that they convey and express ideas of instructional design and educational technology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Educational Technology and Narrative
- Book Subtitle Story and Instructional Design
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69914-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-69913-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-88861-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-69914-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 302
- Number of Illustrations 21 b/w illustrations, 23 illustrations in colour
Learning & Instruction
Assessment, Testing and Evaluation
- Buy this book on publisher's site