About this book
This book presents source separation technologies and related aspects that form the basis for efficient recycling and a modern approach to waste management. It examines legislational drivers and policy aspects of adequate waste collection schemes, as well as segregation technologies and the success factors for their implementation.
Summarizing the outcomes of a Sino-German workshop, the focus of this volume is mainly on the current situation in China and Germany. However, the findings are applicable to a broad range of situations and regions around the world. In addition, the book demonstrates the relevance of source separation for climate protection and describes alternative separation technologies.
Given the breadth and depth of its coverage, the volume will appeal to environmental scientists, engineers, economists, waste managers and policymakers alike.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69072-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-69071-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-69072-8
- Series Print ISSN 1867-979X
- Series Online ISSN 1616-864X
- Buy this book on publisher's site