Table of contents
About this book
This is the fourth updated and revised edition of a well-received book that emphasises on fungal diversity, plant productivity and sustainability. It contains new chapters written by leading experts in the field.
This book is an up-to-date overview of current progress in mycorrhiza and association with plant productivity and environmental sustainability. The result is a must hands-on guide, ideally suited for agri-biotechnology, soil biology, fungal biology including mycorrrhiza and stress management, academia and researchers.
The topic of this book is particularly relevant to researchers involved in mycorrhiza, especially to food security, plant microbe interaction and environmental protection.
Mycorrhizas are symbioses between fungi and the roots of higher plants. As more than 90% of all known species of plants have the potential to form mycorrhizal associations, the productivity and species composition and the diversity of natural ecosystems are frequently dependent upon the presence and activity of mycorrhizas. The biotechnological application of mycorrhizas is expected to promote the production of food while maintaining ecologically and economically sustainable production systems.
Biotechnology Ecology Fungi Fungal biology Genetics Morphogenesis Mycorrhiza Nanomaterials Physiology Plant microbe interaction Soil biology Systematics
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Mycorrhiza - Nutrient Uptake, Biocontrol, Ecorestoration
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68867-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-68866-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-88670-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-68867-1
- Edition Number 4
- Number of Pages XVII, 533
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 71 illustrations in colour
Microbial Genetics and Genomics
- Buy this book on publisher's site