About this book
This textbook will provide a systematic comprehension of the various medically important human parasites; their distribution, habitat, morphology and life cycle, pathogenesis and clinical features, laboratory diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control. The main emphasis is on the protozoan and helminthic diseases, also medical entomology covering vectors relevant to these diseases.
The book aims to promote an easy yet comprehensive way of learning parasitology. It attempts to break down the complexity of medical parasitology into parts that are easy to understand yet integrating the essential information of parasitic infections. The integration of knowledge of parasites will be achieved through student friendly illustrations, inclusion of a collection of recent case reports, examples of test questions and scenarios, and the images of human parasites. Essentially, it provides a “one-stop learning package” for medical parasitology.
host-parasite interaction helminths protozoa foodborne waterborne zoonose
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68795-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-68794-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-68795-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site