About this book
Marking a distinct departure from the perspectives of frame theory and discrete transforms, this book provides a comprehensive mathematical and algorithmic introduction to wavelet theory. As such, it can be used as either a textbook or reference guide.
As a textbook for graduate mathematics students and beginning researchers, it offers detailed information on the basic theory of framelets and wavelets, complemented by self-contained elementary proofs, illustrative examples/figures, and supplementary exercises.
Lastly, the book can also be used to teach on or study selected special topics in approximation theory, Fourier analysis, applied harmonic analysis, functional analysis, and wavelet-based signal/image processing.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68530-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2017
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-68529-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-68530-4
- Series Print ISSN 2296-5009
- Series Online ISSN 2296-5017
- Buy this book on publisher's site