Table of contents
About this book
In fact, patients with mental disorders often suffer from sexual dysfunctions and in many cases, pharmacological treatment causes sexual-dysfunction side-effects. However, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, eating disorders and psychotic disorders are often also characterized by sexual symptoms that have a profound impact on sexual function.
The psychopathology of sexual behavior investigates deficits in the mind-body relationship that are expressed through sexual symptoms such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, vaginismus, orgasmic disorders, or lack of sexual desire. These symptoms can be considered both prodromal and as a consequence of psychological or psychiatric suffering.
Written by a multidisciplinary team of experts, this book offers a valuable guide for psychiatrists, andrologists, gynecologists and psychologists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68306-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-68305-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-68306-5
- Series Print ISSN 2367-0088
- Series Online ISSN 2367-0096
- Buy this book on publisher's site