Table of contents
About this book
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
This book defines the new field of "Bioeconomy" as the sustainable and innovative use of biomass and biological knowledge to provide food, feed, industrial products, bioenergy and ecological services. The chapters highlight the importance of bioeconomy-related concepts in public, scientific, and political discourse. Using an interdisciplinary approach, the authors outline the dimensions of the bioeconomy as a means of achieving sustainability.
The authors are ideally situated to elaborate on the diverse aspects of the bioeconomy. They have acquired in-depth experience of interdisciplinary research through the university’s focus on “Bioeconomy”, its contribution to the Bioeconomy Research Program of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, and its participation in the German Bioeconomy Council.
With the number of bioeconomy-related projects at European universities rising, this book will provide graduate students and researchers with background information on the bioeconomy. It will familiarize scientific readers with bioeconomy-related terms and give scientific background for economists, agronomists and natural scientists alike.
Sustainability Biomass Management Resource Management Agriculture Macroeconomics Open Access
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Bioeconomy
- Book Subtitle Shaping the Transition to a Sustainable, Biobased Economy
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68152-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-68151-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-88555-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-68152-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 356
- Number of Illustrations 29 b/w illustrations, 135 illustrations in colour
Natural Resource and Energy Economics
- Buy this book on publisher's site