About this book
This book reviews a blend of artificial intelligence (AI) approaches that can take e-learning to the next level by adding value through customization. It investigates three methods: crowdsourcing via social networks; user profiling through machine learning techniques, and personal learning portfolios using learning analytics.
Technology and education have drawn closer together over the years as they complement each other within the domain of e-learning, and different generations of online education reflect the evolution of new technologies as researcher and developers continuously seek to optimize the electronic medium to enhance the effectiveness of e-learning. Artificial intelligence (AI) for e-learning promises personalized online education through a combination of different intelligent techniques that are grounded in established learning theories while at the same time addressing a number of common e-learning issues.
This book is intended for education technologists and e-learning researchers as well as for a general readership interested in the evolution of online education based on techniques like machine learning, crowdsourcing, and learner profiling that can be merged to characterize the future of personalized e-learning.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67928-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-67927-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-67928-0
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site