About this book
This book provides the tools to understand the issues related to bio-based concretes using lime as binder.
Themes covered include specific properties of lignocellulosic aggregates (density, porosity, size distribution, water absorption, microstructure, soluble components under alkaline conditions), hardening of lime-based binders by carbonation and hydration (natural and curing processes) and microstructure of the binder in the vicinity of aggregates (dense or porous interphase). The mechanical (uniaxial and triaxial compression) and insulating properties of the relatively well-known hemp concretes and the novel rice husk concretes are also reviewed. Finally, a detailed and comprehensive description of the tools and methodologies that make it easier the design of such bio-based concretes is discussed.
Written for students as well as researchers, this book is aimed at individuals working in both academic and industrial fields.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67660-9
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-67659-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-67660-9
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5407
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5415
- Buy this book on publisher's site