Table of contents
About this book
This book showcases powerful new hybrid methods that combine numerical and symbolic algorithms. Hybrid algorithm research is currently one of the most promising directions in the context of geosciences mathematics and computer mathematics in general.
One important topic addressed here with a broad range of applications is the solution of multivariate polynomial systems by means of resultants and Groebner bases. But that’s barely the beginning, as the authors proceed to discuss genetic algorithms, integer programming, symbolic regression, parallel computing, and many other topics.
The book is strictly goal-oriented, focusing on the solution of fundamental problems in the geosciences, such as positioning and point cloud problems. As such, at no point does it discuss purely theoretical mathematics.
"The book delivers hybrid symbolic-numeric solutions, which are a large and growing area at the boundary of mathematics and computer science." Dr. Daniel Lichtbau
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67371-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-67370-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-67371-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site