Table of contents
About this book
This book originated from a Discussion Group (Teaching Linear Algebra) that was held at the 13th International Conference on Mathematics Education (ICME-13). The aim was to consider and highlight current efforts regarding research and instruction on teaching and learning linear algebra from around the world, and to spark new collaborations. As the outcome of the two-day discussion at ICME-13, this book focuses on the pedagogy of linear algebra with a particular emphasis on tasks that are productive for learning.
The main themes addressed include: theoretical perspectives on the teaching and learning of linear algebra; empirical analyses related to learning particular content in linear algebra; the use of technology and dynamic geometry software; and pedagogical discussions of challenging linear algebra tasks.
Drawing on the expertise of mathematics education researchers and research mathematicians with experience in teaching linear algebra, this book gathers work from nine countries: Austria, Germany, Israel, Ireland, Mexico, Slovenia, Turkey, the USA and Zimbabwe.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66811-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-66810-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-66811-6
- Series Print ISSN 2520-8322
- Series Online ISSN 2520-8330
- Buy this book on publisher's site