About this book
This book introduces readers to the concept of 'frugal innovation' and describes novel low-cost technologies that aid in diagnosing infectious diseases. Rapidly deployable, portable, and affordable diagnostic tools have the potential to tremendously benefit populations in resource-limited settings and improve global health outcomes. Specifically, the book includes the following features:
Cutting-Edge Research: Thorough coverage of scientific advances related to frugal bioengineering that have been developed within the last few years. A few examples of technologies covered in detail include low-cost paper-based and CD-based microfluidic diagnostic systems.
Industry and Non-Profit Voices: Chapters written by scientists currently working in industry and philanthropic sectors.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66647-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-66645-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-66647-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site