About this book
This comprehensive book about the lives of bats is about a group of peculiar, mythical and fascinating animals. They are mammals, just like us, but still so different. The book covers bats from Latin American Maya temples to Swedish potato cellars; from the plains of Kenya to the Taiwanese mountains.
We perceive their shadows flitting by in the summer nights, hear their mating calls in the darkness of autumn and see their silhouettes in the dim street light. The bats live in our houses and forage in our gardens and parks. But who are they and how do they lead their lives?
You will never again feel lonely in the darkness of the night.
- Book Title Bats
- Book Subtitle In a World of Echoes
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66538-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-66537-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-66538-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 168
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 140 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Original Swedish edition published by Hirschfeld Förlag, Malmö and Johan Eklöf och Jens Rydell, 2015
Popular Life Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site