About this book
The book depicts the various roles of platelets in a variety of cardio-metabolic diseases. Traditional and non-traditional platelet functions are described in detail in atherosclerosis, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, myocardial infarction, and other vascular pathologies. Particular focus is put on platelets as a link between haemostasis and inflammation contributing to both. Last but not least the books links the most recent advances in basic sciences with promising novel therapeutic applications and first results of clinical trials.
The book is written for biomedical scientists in the sub disciplines vascular biology, biochemistry and immunology; and it as well will be of interest and value for academic physicians like cardiologists, hematologists, general internists and vascular surgeons.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66224-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-66223-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-66224-4
- Series Print ISSN 2509-7830
- Series Online ISSN 2509-7849
- Buy this book on publisher's site