About this book
This book highlights the power and elegance of algebraic methods of solving problems in quantum mechanics. It shows that symmetries not only provide elegant solutions to problems that can be solved exactly, but also substantially simplify problems that must be solved approximately.
Furthermore, the book provides an elementary exposition of quantum electrodynamics and its application to low-energy physics, along with a thorough analysis of the role of relativistic, magnetic, and quantum electrodynamic effects in atomic spectroscopy. Included are essential derivations made clear through detailed, transparent calculations.
The book’s commitment to deriving advanced results with elementary techniques, as well as its inclusion of exercises will enamor it to advanced undergraduate and graduate students.
- Book Title Quantum Mechanics and Electrodynamics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-65780-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-65779-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-88104-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-65780-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 464
- Number of Illustrations 48 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Atomic/Molecular Structure and Spectra
Mathematical Methods in Physics
Low Temperature Physics
Spectroscopy and Microscopy
- Buy this book on publisher's site