Table of contents
About this book
This book introduces a computationally feasible, cognitively inspired formal model of concept invention, drawing on Fauconnier and Turner's theory of conceptual blending, a fundamental cognitive operation. The chapters present the mathematical and computational foundations of concept invention, discuss cognitive and social aspects, and further describe concrete implementations and applications in the fields of musical and mathematical creativity.
Featuring contributions from leading researchers in formal systems, cognitive science, artificial intelligence, computational creativity, mathematical reasoning and cognitive musicology, the book will appeal to readers interested in how conceptual blending can be precisely characterized and implemented for the development of creative computational systems.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-65602-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-65601-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-65602-1
- Series Print ISSN 2509-6575
- Series Online ISSN 2509-6583
- Buy this book on publisher's site