Table of contents
About this book
Students often enter higher education academically unprepared and with unrealistic perceptions and expectations of university life, which are critical factors that influence students’ decisions to leave their institutions prior to degree completion. Advances in educational technology and the current availability of vast amounts of educational data make it possible to represent how students interact with higher education resources, as well as provide insights into students’ learning behavior and processes. This volume offers new research in such learning analytics and demonstrates how they support students at institutions of higher education by offering personalized and adaptive support of their learning journey. It focuses on four major areas of discussion:
· Theoretical perspectives linking learning analytics and study success.
· Technological innovations for supporting student learning.
· Issues and challenges for implementing learning analytics at higher education institutions.
· Case studies showcasing successfully implemented learning analytics strategies at higher education institutions.Utilizing Learning Analytics to Support Study Success ably exemplifies how educational data and innovative digital technologies contribute to successful learning and teaching scenarios and provides critical insight to researchers, graduate students, teachers, and administrators in the general areas of education, educational psychology, academic and organizational development, and instructional technology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Utilizing Learning Analytics to Support Study Success
Jane Yin-Kim Yau
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64792-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-64791-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-64792-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 328
- Number of Illustrations 23 b/w illustrations, 24 illustrations in colour
Learning & Instruction
- Buy this book on publisher's site