About this book
This research monograph presents the latest results related to the characterization of low dimensional systems. Low-angle polarized neutron scattering and X-ray scattering at grazing incidence are used as the two main techniques to explore various physical phenomena of these systems. Special focus is put on systems like thin film transition metal and rare-earth layers, oxide heterostructures, hybrid systems, self-assembled nanostructures and self-diffusion.
Readers will gain in-depth knowledge about the usage of specular scattering and off-specular scattering techniques. Investigation of in-plane and out-of-plane structures and magnetism with vector magnetometric information is illustrated comprehensively. The book caters to a wide audience working in the field of nano-dimensional magnetic systems and the neutron and X-ray reflectometry community in particular.
Neutron reflectometry low-angle polarized neutron scattering Magnetization reversal mechanism Magnetic properties interfaces Magnetic nanostructures Specular scattering Off-specular scattering Grazing incidence small angle X-ray scattering Hybrid heterostructures Oxide heterostructures Self-assembled growth Interlayer exchange coupling Exchange bias Scattering experiments Scattering techniques Low dimensional systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-63224-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-63223-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-63224-7
- Series Print ISSN 0081-3869
- Series Online ISSN 1615-0430
- Buy this book on publisher's site