About this book
This book focuses on the game-theoretical semantics and epistemic logic of Jaakko Hintikka.
Hintikka was a prodigious and esteemed philosopher and logician, and his death in August 2015 was a huge loss to the philosophical community. This book, whose chapters have been in preparation for several years, is dedicated to the work of Jaako Hintikka, and to his memory.
This edited volume consists of 23 contributions from leading logicians and philosophers, who discuss themes that span across the entire range of Hintikka’s career. Semantic Representationalism, Logical Dialogues, Knowledge and Epistemic logic are among some of the topics covered in this book's chapters.
The book should appeal to students, scholars and teachers who wish to explore the philosophy of Jaako Hintikka.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-62864-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy Philosophy and Religion (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-62863-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-62864-6
- Series Print ISSN 2211-2758
- Series Online ISSN 2211-2766
- Buy this book on publisher's site