Table of contents
About this book
The book’s content, especially in the Introduction and Part I, is self-contained and is intended to also be accessible for beginning graduate students, whose mathematical background includes only basic courses in advanced calculus, PDEs and functional analysis. Further, the book can be used as the backbone for a lecture course on inverse and ill-posed problems for partial differential equations.
In turn, the second part of the book consists of six nearly-independent chapters. The choice of these chapters was motivated by the fact that the inverse coefficient and source problems considered here are based on the basic and commonly used mathematical models governed by PDEs. These chapters describe not only these inverse problems, but also main inversion methods and techniques. Since the most distinctive features of any inverse problems related to PDEs are hidden in the properties of the corresponding solutions to direct problems, special attention is paid to the investigation of these properties.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-62797-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-62796-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-62797-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site