About this book
This SpringerBrief presents the design and performance evaluation of communication protocols based on dissimilarity metrics for wireless multihop networks. Dissimilarity metrics are used to infer the network topology based solely on local information to efficiently disseminate packets throughout the network, reducing both redundancy and congestion which is covered in this brief.
The performance evaluation of the proposed communication protocols has been conducted by both meticulous simulation and real experimentation in a wireless multi-hop testbed. The obtained results in this brief corroborate the hypothesis regarding the validity of dissimilarity metrics, which can be used to design efficient communication protocols.This SpringerBrief is a good starting point for advanced-level students studying computer science and electrical engineering, as well as researchers and professionals working in this field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-62740-3
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-62739-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-62740-3
- Series Print ISSN 2191-8112
- Series Online ISSN 2191-8120
- Buy this book on publisher's site