About this book
But mainly it's a story about people – pioneers with diverse backgrounds and characters came together to overcome philosophical and institutional challenges and build a community. They collaborated on research efforts, they established schools and conferences, they developed the first related university courses, they taught generations of future researchers and practitioners, and they set up the key publications to communicate and archive their knowledge.
The book is a fascinating insight into the field as it existed and evolved, it will be valuable reading for anyone interested in the history of computing.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-62680-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-62679-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-62680-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software