Table of contents
About this book
In order to achieve this, cognitive processes that link UI properties to usability aspects like effectiveness (user error) and efficiency (task completion time) are established empirically, are explained through cognitive modeling, and are validated in the course of this treatise. In the case of user error, the book develops an extended model of sequential action control based on the Memory for Goals theory and it is confirmed in different behavioral domains and experimental paradigms.
This new model of user cognition and behavior is implemented using the MeMo workbench and integrated with the model-based application framework MASP in order to provide automated usability predictions from early software development stages on. Finally, the validity of the resulting integrated system is confirmed by empirical data from a new application, eliciting unexpected behavioral patterns.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-60369-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-60368-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-60369-8
- Series Print ISSN 2192-2810
- Series Online ISSN 2192-2829
- Buy this book on publisher's site