Table of contents
About this book
Part I of the book, which can be used as a toolbox, introduces selected statistical fundamentals and solution methods for the Master equation. In Part II and Part III, the Master equation approach is applied to important applications in the natural and social sciences.
The case studies presented mainly hail from the social sciences, including urban and regional dynamics, population dynamics, dynamic decision theory, opinion formation and traffic dynamics; however, some applications from physics and chemistry are treated as well, underlining the interdisciplinary modelling potential of the Master equation approach.
Drawing upon the author’s extensive teaching and research experience and consulting work, the book offers a valuable guide for researchers, graduate students and professionals alike.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-60300-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-60299-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-60300-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site