About this book
The primary goals of this brief are to invoke alertness and solidarity among the public in earthquake prone areas of India, and to empower the community to prepare themselves to face and manage the aftermath of an earthquake. The work presented here sheds new light on the action plans to be taken by the common public and public agencies, before, during and after earthquakes to safeguard lives of people and minimize loss of assets.
This carefully presented book articulates various factors related to earthquake preparedness, and develops guidelines and useful tips for communicating them to relevant stakeholders. The book has been divided into three parts: (i) the first providing background which explains earthquakes in general and seismicity of India (ii) the second explores earthquake preparedness intended for individuals, families and various stakeholders, and (iii) the final section which describes various strategies for communities to prepare themselves for a future earthquake.
earthquake preparedness emergency planning earthquake risk reduction peninsular India North East India seismotectonics Indian subcontinent Himalayan arc tectonic belt seismicity of Indo-Burmese arc Indian seismic design codes Disaster Risk Management restoration strategies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59522-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-59521-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-59522-1
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5547
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5555
- Buy this book on publisher's site