Table of contents
About this book
Topics featured in the Handbook include:
- Translating the quality of life concept into practice.
- The Casual Agency Theory and its implications for understanding self-determination.
- The Mindfulness-Based Individualized Support Plan (MBISP) and its use in providing support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The unique role that friendship plays to people’s lives and social well-being.
- Supported Decision-Making (SDM) as an alternative to guardianship.
- A positive psychology approach to aging and retirement.
The Handbook of Positive Psychology in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities is a must-have resource for researchers, professors, and graduate students as well as clinicians and related professionals in clinical child and school psychology, behavioral therapy, social work, applied behavioral analysis, recreational therapy, occupational therapy, education, speech and language pathology, psychiatry, clinical medicine, and nursing.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Positive Psychology in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Book Subtitle Translating Research into Practice
Karrie A. Shogren
Michael L. Wehmeyer
Nirbhay N. Singh
- Series Title Springer Series on Child and Family Studies
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Series on Child and Family Studies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59066-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-59065-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-86540-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-59066-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 383
- Number of Illustrations 16 b/w illustrations, 6 illustrations in colour
Child and School Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals