Table of contents
About this book
The edited volume focuses on the latest developments in breeding varieties for high quality brown rice, varietal variations, defects, milling, cooking quality, eating quality, post-harvest management and methods to improve shelf life. Contributing authors address the physical, chemical, engineering, nutritional and glycemic qualities of brown rice in different chapters. Authors also discuss the physiological functions of brown rice in vivo and radical scavenging activity, emphasizing their importance to growers, technologists and consumers, and providing insight into future advances.
This comprehensive collection benefits scientists, nutritionists, dieticians, diabetic educators, and professionals in the food industry. The information covered is valuable for food scientists and technologists working to develop new brown rice products and enhance the taste, quality, and health profile of brown rice.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59011-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-59010-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-59011-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site