About this book
Pyomo is an open source software package for formulating and solving large-scale optimization problems. The software extends the modeling approach supported by modern AML (Algebraic Modeling Language) tools. Pyomo is a flexible, extensible, and portable AML that is embedded in Python, a full-featured scripting language. Python is a powerful and dynamic programming language that has a very clear, readable syntax and intuitive object orientation. Pyomo includes Python classes for defining sparse sets, parameters, and variables, which can be used to formulate algebraic expressions that define objectives and constraints. Moreover, Pyomo can be used from a command-line interface and within Python's interactive command environment, which makes it easy to create Pyomo models, apply a variety of optimizers, and examine solutions.
Review of the first edition:
Documents a simple, yet versatile tool for modeling and solving optimization problems. … The book, by Bill Hart, Carl Laird, Jean-Paul Watson, and David Woodruff, is essential to the usability of Pyomo, serving as the Pyomo documentation. … has contents for both an inexperienced user, and a computational operations research expert. … with examples of each of the concepts discussed.
—Nedialko B. Dimitrov, INFORMS Journal on Computing, Vol. 24 (4), Fall 2012
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58821-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-58819-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-58821-6
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Series Online ISSN 1931-6836
- Buy this book on publisher's site