Table of contents
About this book
This book covers the restoration and reconstruction process and activities undertaken in Japan in the first five years since the 2011 Earthquake and Tsunami – a period widely considered to be the most intensive reconstruction phase within the 10-year restoration plan drawn up by the Japanese Government.
The respective chapters explore technical, scientific, social and non-scientific (policy-related) aspects, including: reconstruction and restoration policies, infrastructure and designs for tsunami coastal defence, resilient urban areas and affected communities, housing and relocation schemes, disaster mitigation and evacuation measures, reactivation of the economy, revitalization of fisheries and coastal agriculture, and industry and tourism. The book also illustrates some of the achievements and failures in a broad range of projects and initiatives intended to address the above-mentioned issues, making it particularly relevant for experts, decision makers, students and other interested scholars.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58691-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-58690-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-58691-5
- Series Print ISSN 1878-9897
- Series Online ISSN 2213-6959
- Buy this book on publisher's site