Table of contents
About this book
Differential and complex geometry are two central areas of mathematics with a long and intertwined history. This book, the first to provide a unified historical perspective of both subjects, explores their origins and developments from the sixteenth to the twentieth century.
Providing a detailed examination of the seminal contributions to differential and complex geometry up to the twentieth century embedding theorems, this monograph includes valuable excerpts from the original documents, including works of Descartes, Fermat, Newton, Euler, Huygens, Gauss, Riemann, Abel, and Nash.
Suitable for beginning graduate students interested in differential, algebraic or complex geometry, this book will also appeal to more experienced readers.
differential geometry complex geometry differentiable manifold complex manifold Riemannian metric Riemannian manifold complex analysis abelian functions elliptic functions projective geometry MSC (2010): 01-02, 30-02, 32-02, 14-02, 51-02, 53-02, 55-02
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58184-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-58183-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-58184-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors