Table of contents
Prior Research in the Management of Public Finances.
Theoretical Underpinnings and Methods Used to Calculate Financial Sustainability in Governments
Comparing International Experiences in Managing and Monitoring Financial Sustainability in Governments
About this book
This book analyses the methods used to assess financial sustainability as defined by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). Recently, there have been calls to consider sustainability as a fundamental guiding principle in public management. The financial and economic crisis has spurred a demand for greater financial sustainability in public administrations. Although the concept of sustainability has been traditionally associated with three dimensions (environmental, social and economic), this book focuses on the metrics used to evaluate financial sustainability and explores the concept of financial health. It will be of interest to researchers and academics in the field of financial sustainability.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57962-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-57961-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-57962-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking