About this book
This book provides a deep analysis and wide coverage of the very strong trend in computer vision and visual indexing and retrieval, covering such topics as incorporation of models of Human Visual attention into analysis and retrieval tasks. It makes the bridge between psycho-visual modelling of Human Visual System and the classical and most recent models in visual content indexing and retrieval.
The large spectrum of visual tasks, such as recognition of textures in static images, of actions in video content, image retrieval, different methods of visualization of images and multimedia content based on visual saliency are presented by the authors. Furthermore, the interest in visual content is modelled with the means of the latest classification models such as Deep Neural Networks is also covered in this book.This book is an exceptional resource as a secondary text for researchers and advanced level students, who are involved in the very wide research in computer vision, visual information indexing and retrieval. Professionals working in this field will also be interested in this book as a reference.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Visual Content Indexing and Retrieval with Psycho-Visual Models
Patrick Le Callet
- Series Title Multimedia Systems and Applications
- Series Abbreviated Title Multimedia Syst.,Applicat.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57687-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-57686-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-86224-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-57687-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 267
- Number of Illustrations 24 b/w illustrations, 81 illustrations in colour
Image Processing and Computer Vision
Information Storage and Retrieval
Multimedia Information Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site