Table of contents
About this book
Covering anatomical, clinical, pathological and laboratory aspects of surgical histopathology specimens, this revised, updated third edition relates specimen dissection and its clinical context to relevant histopathology reports, and therefore a more comprehensive patient prognosis and management is possible.
This book explains pathological and clinical terminology, including a glossary of clinical request form abbreviations. A standardised step-wise approach to specimen handling is illustrated with simple line diagrams and highlights essentials of the histopathology report, relating them to appropriate specimen dissection. The integrated multidisciplinary team approach taken to the modern clinical management of patients is reflected by correlating patient presentation, diagnostic and staging investigations with histopathology specimens. Current WHO and TNM tumour classifications are referenced.
Histopathology Specimens: Clinical, Pathological and Laboratory Aspects, Third Edition will be of educative value and act as a reference tool for the medical undergraduate student, medical trainee in histopathology and the biomedical scientist, and as a useful aide memoire for the histopathology consultant.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Histopathology Specimens
- Book Subtitle Clinical, Pathological and Laboratory Aspects
Derek C. Allen
R. Iain Cameron
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57360-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-57359-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-86142-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-57360-1
- Edition Number 3
- Number of Pages XXXIV, 564
- Number of Illustrations 126 b/w illustrations, 6 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site