Table of contents
About this book
This volume approaches the current crisis of solidarity in the European Union from a multidisciplinary perspective. The contributions explore the concept of solidarity, its role in the European integration process, and analyze the risks entailed by a lack of solidarity.
Experts from various academic fields, such as political science, law, sociology, and philosophy, shed new light on contemporary challenges such as the migrant and refugee crisis, the Eurozone crisis, nationalist and separatist movements, and Brexit. Finally, they also discuss different solutions for the most pressing problems in EU politics.
The book has two main aims: Firstly, to show that solidarity is a key element in solving the EU’s contemporary problems; and secondly, to reveal how the crisis of solidarity has become a crucial test for the integration project, as the nature of the crisis goes beyond the well-known shortcomings in the EU’s structure and problem-solving capacities.
European Union Solidarity in the EU Crisis of the EU European integration Migrant crisis Refugee crisis Eurozone crisis Brexit Populism Separatist Movements Right-Wing Parties Nationalism Grexit
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57036-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-57035-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-57036-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking