Table of contents
About this book
Hemodynamic computations represent a state-of-the-art approach for patient-specific assessment of cardiovascular pathologies. The book presents the development of reduced-order multiscale hemodynamic models for coronary artery disease, aortic coarctation and whole body circulation, which can be applied in routine clinical settings for personalized diagnosis. Specific parameter estimation frameworks are introduced for calibrating the parameters of the models and high performance computing solutions are employed to reduce their execution time. The personalized computational models are validated against patient-specific measurements.
The book is written for scientists in the field of biomedical engineering focusing on the cardiovascular system, as well as for research-oriented physicians in cardiology and industrial players in the field of healthcare technologies.
Aortic Coarctation Computational Modeling Coronary Artery Disease High Performance Computing Personalization Personalized Medicine
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56853-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56852-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56853-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site