About this book
This book is intended for use both in the industry and the academia. It introduces the physical, chemical and the mechanical properties as well as the characterization of bamboo. Novel industrial applications in structural, non-structural, reinforcement, afforestation, land reclamation, environmental significance, textile, medical, geotechnical, hydraulic, food, Pulp and the paper industries are addressed in detail.
Bamboo has been used for centuries as a structural material as well as in diverse engineering applications, food and medicinal purposes, especially in Asia. As a natural fiber composite, bamboo has the potential for many developments in academic and industrial research. Current literature on composites tends to focus on bamboo as a plant or solely as a structural engineering material. This book seeks to bring together these two extremes and provides a holistic resource on the subject.
Bamboo characterisation Mechanical properties Natural fiber composite Bamboo taxonomy Structural engineering material Polymer composite Fuel and energy Thermo mechanical analysis
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56808-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56807-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56808-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site