Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the biophysical aspects of tip growth: How do physical parameters like pressure, water potential, electrical fields, or ion currents contribute to and influence this specialized and highly dynamic form of cell growth?
It provides an updated and balanced overview of the current state of knowledge and future research perspectives regarding how pollen tubes’ growth is driven and regulated by molecular interactions underlying the cellular processes. The individual chapters address topics ranging from molecular biophysical concepts to comprehensive omic studies and computational modeling of the tip growth process. In addition, a chapter on root hair cells is included to provide an alternative view on the underlying molecular principles of tip growth in general.
Each chapter provides a summary of cutting-edge techniques, results and experimental data; a statement, hypothesis or conclusion on the importance of the aspect described for tip growth, particularly pollen tip growth; and addresses open gaps in our understanding and potential approaches to remedying them.The book offers experimental and theoretical solutions to help established researchers and newcomers to the field alike solve the many mysterious behaviors of pollen tube tips.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Pollen Tip Growth
- Book Subtitle From Biophysical Aspects to Systems Biology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56645-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-56644-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-85963-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-56645-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 424
- Number of Illustrations 10 b/w illustrations, 47 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors