Table of contents
About this book
This manual takes a multidisciplinary approach to neurological disorders in the elderly. Comprehensive and practical, it includes the most recent diagnostic criteria and immediately accessible visual care paths including the latest pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions.
Covering a range of modalities, from the importance and impact of each disease to diagnostic criteria, genetics, laboratory and imaging findings, treatment and care paths, this book focuses on neurological conditions that occur commonly in older persons or which have a striking effect on their lives. The common types of dementias, Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, rapidly progressive diseases, seizure disorders and multiple sclerosis are covered. Issues commonly affecting this population, such as neurobehavioral symptoms and caregiver issues, are discussed.
Neuro-Geriatrics: A Clinical Manual is aimed at any physician who treats the elderly with neurological disorders: neurologists, geriatricians and geriatric psychiatrists, both specialists and general practitioners.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Neuro-Geriatrics
- Book Subtitle A Clinical Manual
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56484-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-56483-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-85923-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-56484-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 407
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 64 illustrations in colour
General Practice / Family Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site