About this book
The biorefinery, integration of processes and technologies for biomass conversion, demands efficient utilization of all components. Hydrothermal processing is a potential clean technology to convert raw materials such as lignocellulosic and aquatic biomass into bioenergy and high added-value compounds. This book aims to show fundamental concepts and key technological developments that enabled industrial application of hydrothermal processing. The scope of this book is primarily for scientists working in the biorefinery field as well as engineers from industry and potential investors in biofuels. Therefore, the information in this book will provide an overview of this technology applied to lignocellulosic materials and aquatic biomass, and especially new knowledge. Critically, this book brings together experts in the application of hydrothermal processes on lignocellulosic and aquatic biomass.
- Focuses on hydrothermal process as a fundamental step in the biorefinery;
- Covers the use of both marine and lignocellulosic biomass;
- Features information on tools for industrial scale-up and methods for techno-economic analysis.
biofuel plant biofuel production bioethanol production biomass to biofuel biomass conversion value-added chemicals hydrothermal processing of lignocellulosic material enzymatic hydrolysis
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56457-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56456-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56457-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site