About this book
This fundamental book presents the most comprehensive summary of the current state in chemistry of cage metal complexes. After their previous book “The Encapsulation Phenomenon” (ISBN 978-3-319-27737-0) the authors in this book focus on the encapsulation of metal ions by different types of three-dimensional mono- and polynucleating caging ligands. Within these cage metal complexes, (metal) ions can be isolated from external factors.
The book provides both a classification of the cage compounds and summaries of synthetic approaches. On that basis the authors then describe the unique chemical and physical properties and the resulting reactivity of the cage compounds, as well as practical and potential applications as potent topological drugs and prodrugs, antifibrillogenic agents, radiodiagnostic and radiotherapeutic compounds, paramagnetic probes, single-molecule magnets, electrocatalysts for hydrogen production, (photo)electronic devices, and many more.
Readers will find a well-structured and concise overview, with particular emphasis on a review of synthesis and reactivity of various cage metal complexes, summarizing over 400 literature references, clearly presented in over 300 color schemes and figures.
Cage compounds Caging ligands Cation encapsulation Macrocyclic compounds Clathrochelates Paramagnetic probes Drug design Single-molecule magnets Topological drugs Antifibrillogenic activity Functional biomimetics Polynuclear metal complexes Template synthesis Radiotherapeutic cage complexes
- Book Title Cage Metal Complexes
- Book Subtitle Clathrochelates Revisited
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56420-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-56419-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-85910-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-56420-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 467
- Number of Illustrations 632 b/w illustrations, 73 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site