Table of contents
About this book
This Volume of the series Cardiac and Vascular Biology offers a comprehensive and exciting, state-of-the-art work on the current options and potentials of cardiac regeneration and repair.
Several techniques and approaches have been developed for heart failure repair: direct injection of cells, programming of scar tissue into functional myocardium, and tissue-engineered heart muscle support. The book introduces the rationale for these different approaches in cell-based heart regeneration and discusses the most important considerations for clinical translation. Expert authors discuss when, why, and how heart muscle can be salvaged.
The book represents a valuable resource for stem cell researchers, cardiologists, bioengineers, and biomedical scientists studying cardiac function and regeneration.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Cardiac Regeneration
- Series Title Cardiac and Vascular Biology
- Series Abbreviated Title Cardiac and Vascular Biology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56106-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-56104-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-85827-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-56106-6
- Series ISSN 2509-7830
- Series E-ISSN 2509-7849
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 274
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 28 illustrations in colour
Regenerative Medicine/Tissue Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site