About this book
- Unique approach that includes novel topics for introductory courses including bootstrapping, Walsh averages, and jackknifing
- Engaging examples and exercises draw readers in and facilitate work by hand and with calculators and statistical software
- Designed for use inside and outside statistics departments
- Accompanying data sets, R and Minitab code, and solutions manual make this textbook easy to use for students and instructors
Douglas A. Wolfe, PhD, is a Professor Emeritus in the Department of Statistics at The Ohio State University. Much of his current research is in ranked set sampling. He is also the author of a popular textbook on nonparametric statistics.
Grant Schneider, PhD, is a Data Scientist at Upstart Network in the San Francisco Bay area. Grant created the accompanying R package and is experienced with statistical programming for research and in the classroom. He received his PhD in Statistics from The Ohio State University.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56072-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56070-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56072-4
- Series Print ISSN 1431-875X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4136
- Buy this book on publisher's site