About these proceedings
The topic is the theory and applications of Nonsmooth Dynamics. This includes systems involving elements of: impacting, switching, on/off control, hybrid discrete-continuous dynamics, jumps in physical properties, and many others. Applications include: electronics, climate modeling, life sciences, mechanics, ecology, and more. Numerous new results are reported concerning the dimensionality and robustness of nonsmooth models, shadowing variables, numbers of limit cycles, discontinuity-induced bifurcations and chaos, determinacy-breaking, stability criteria, and the classification of attractors and other singularities. This material offers a variety of new exciting problems to mathematicians, but also a diverse range of new tools and insights for scientists and engineers making use of mathematical modeling and analysis.
The book is intended for established researchers, as well as for PhD and postdoctoral students who want to learn more about the latest advances in these highly active areas of research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-55642-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-55641-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-55642-0
- Series Print ISSN 2297-0215
- Series Online ISSN 2297-024X
- Buy this book on publisher's site