Table of contents
About this book
This book reflects the research output of the Committee on the International Protection of Consumers of the International Law Association (ILA). The Committee was created in 2008, with a mandate to study the role of public and private law to protect consumers, review UN Guidelines, and to model laws, international treaties and national legislations concerning protection and consumer redress. It has been accepted to act as an observer not only when the UNCTAD was updating its guidelines, but also at the Hague Conference on Private International Law.
The book includes the contributions of various Committee members in the past few years and is a result of the cooperation between the Committee members and experts from Australia, Brazil, Canada and China.
It is divided into three parts: the first part addresses trends and challenges in international protection of consumers, while the second part focuses on financial crises and consumer protection and the third part examines national and regional consumer law issues.
International protection of consumers 2015 Revision UN Guidelines Tourist protection Financial consumer, digital consumer sales and services Consumer law and socioeconomic development International consumer law UNGCP Common consumer right IFTTA MERCOSUR Consumer law in China Consumer law in Australia Consumer Defense Law Consumer credit
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Consumer Law and Socioeconomic Development
- Book Subtitle National and International Dimensions
Claudia Lima Marques
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-55624-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-55623-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-85712-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-55624-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 469
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
International Economic Law, Trade Law
Private International Law, International & Foreign Law, Comparative Law
- Buy this book on publisher's site