About this book
This book provides an in-depth exploration of the field of augmented reality (AR) in its entirety and sets out to distinguish AR from other inter-related technologies like virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR).
The author presents AR from its initial philosophies and early developments, to its current technologies and its impact on our modern society, to its possible future developments; providing readers with the tools to understand issues relating to defining, building, and using our perception of what is represented in our perceived reality, and ultimately how we assimilate and react to this information.
Augmented Reality: Where We Will All Live can be used as a comprehensive guide to the field of AR and provides valuable insights for technologists, marketers, business managers, educators and academics who are interested in the field of augmented reality; its concepts, history, practices and the science behind this rapidly advancing field of research and development.
- Book Title Augmented Reality
- Book Subtitle Where We Will All Live
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54502-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-54501-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-85409-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-54502-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXIII, 323
- Number of Illustrations 24 b/w illustrations, 205 illustrations in colour
Popular Computer Science
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD, CAE) and Design
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software