About this book
This book explores the challenges and opportunities in exploiting cloud technologies for 5G, ranging from radio access network (RAN) to the evolved packet core (EPC). With a specific focus on cloud RAN and EPC, the text carefully explains the influence of recent network technologies such as software defined networking (SDN), visualization, and cloud technologies in the evolution of architecture for future mobile networks. The book discusses the causes, benefits and challenges of cloud RAN and its interplay with other evolving technologies for future mobile networks.
Researchers and professionals involved in mobile technology or cloud computing will find this book a valuable resource. The text is also suitable for advanced-level students studying all types of networking.
Radio access networks (RAN) Cloud RAN C-RAN Virtualization Cloud computing Software defined networking (SDN) Network functions virtualization (NFV) Evolved packet core (EPC) Mobile backhaul Fronthaul Distributed antenna systems (DAS) HetNets Small cells Long term evolution (LTE) 5G 3GPP
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54496-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-54495-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-54496-0
- Series Print ISSN 2366-1186
- Series Online ISSN 2366-1445
- Buy this book on publisher's site